I won’t lie, we go through a lot of bread around here. There are only four of us but we like sandwiches, and french toast. We usually buy the same brand of bread, but occasionally we will branch out and try something new. When I was given the opportunity to do the Brownberry® Healthfull® Bread swap out, I did not tell my family, I just went ahead and signed up for it. Of course they noticed the change right away, the slices are slightly smaller, and is a bit more dense than our regular bread. So I couldn’t hide the fact that our bread was different, and swapped out. Luckily my family is pretty easy going and did not complain about the swap.
First I tried our favorite Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner at our house) French Toast. I decided to try the Steel Cut Oats and Honey Brownberry® Healthfull® Bread for this particular meal. The Steel Cut Oats and Honey bread tasted great for this recipe. It is not fancy or hard to make. Just a few simple ingredients. Judging from this smile, it looks like our daughter liked the new bread:)
- 8 thick slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- I don't always measure and we like cinnamon and nutmeg so as you can see from the photo I add more than the recipe calls for. All of the items are sort of add more or less depending on how you like your french toast.
- Beat together egg, milk, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
Our second “recipe” is not hard to make and is our version of “Grilled Cheese”. This time we tried the Healthfull® Nuts & Seeds bread. We used sliced colby jack cheese and then sliced turkey. Instead of butter I put coconut oil on the outside of the bread, so it still gets the golden grilled look to it.
This was a success as well. The best part of this bread is that it is better for you! The Healthfull® Nuts & Seeds bread for example:
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- No high fructose corn syrup
- 13g whole grains per serving
If you are looking for some new recipes the Brownberry website has some great ones. Why not change things up a bit, and swap out your bread for a good tasting and better for you bread?
Reader Giveaway: One lucky reader will receive a $25 Visa gift card and one (1) coupon, valid for $5 off any Brownberry® Healthfull® Bread. To enter, just complete the entry form below by 11:59pm ET on 7/2/15. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveawayDisclosure: The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Brownberry® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Brownberry® Healthfull® Bread. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Brownberry® Bread.